Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wal Mart Prices at Bendel's

Back from a long weekend in New York.  I was of two minds about the trip even before I went, thinking this is a time when I should be saving, not spending, but the deal was so good I decided to just enjoy myself in a city I love and shop if I could find any good deals.
I held to that, since everything I bought was indeed marked down.  Too bad the best restaurants didn't follow suit and offer some recession deals.  I think I spent more on food and drink than I did on clothes and shoes!
Some highlights of the shopping:  a Rag and Bone blue silk dress, originally $500, for $150, at the Barney's warehouse sale;  Tory Burch loafers 50% off at SoHo Bloomingdales; a sweater from Henri Bendel that had been $158, marked down repeatedly, with 30% off the last marked down price.  The sales assistant initially charged me the wrong marked down price (understandable, since there were at least 3 red, handwritten prices on the tiny tag), and when I pointed this out, she reversed the wrong price, and put too much money back on my credit card.  It looks at this point like I paid $26 for the sweater.
I'm really happy with the shopping deals.  The food and drink experiences were more hit and miss, and I'll write about those over the next day or so.  Look for Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton in cameo appearances!


1 comment:

  1. I feel I can get by with spending nothing just by reading about you spending so much!

    ReplyDelete