Saturday, March 14, 2009

Where's My Song?

This morning I blasted music and finally cleaned my apartment. I had my ipod on shuffle, and these two songs plaid back to back- Layla, by Derek and the Dominos, a.k.a. Eric Clapton and his drug buddies, and Something, which George Harrison gave to the Beatles. The odd thing is that these songs were both written about the same woman- Pattie Boyd. She was married to each of them for a while, and caused a decades long rift between Clapton and Harrison, but how incredible to have inspired these classic songs. Sure, neither song is actually called Pattie, and neither relationship worked out, but she will always have her songs.

Since high school I have been waiting for my song. I'm not talking about inspiring the emotion that Pattie Boyd did, I just want someone to use my name in a song. How hard could it be? My name rhymes with sorry, for Christ's sake- the song practically writes itself. Springsteen has used Mary, Sherry, and Wendy. Would it have killed him to use Lori??

If anyone knows a Lori song that I have missed, please let me know. Alison found two B-team contenders: one was smooth jazz and the other sounded like it was lifted from a Bollywood soundtrack. That's fine, but I want a hit. I want a classsic!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Lori by Jason Collette. I remember playing this one all the time on the college radio station where I went to school

    ReplyDelete