Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rant!

I think we all knew it was just a matter of time until my blog devolved into nothing more than a place where I can rant about anything that's bugging me, so let the descent into madness commence...

I HATE the CP24.com web site! Before CTV bought CITY, the site was fairly useful; now it is nothing but a steaming pile of crap. Seriously, the first thing you see (well, after the giant banner ad for whatever crappy TV show CTV is pushing) is the "Daily Poll", some inane question with even more stupid possible answers. There are just as many entertainment headlines as there are "news" headlines. Total crap.

And while I'm at it, does anyone know how much crack Dina Pugliese does each morning before Breakfast Television starts? Seriously, she couldn't be that jumpy, spaced, and annoying unless she hits the pipe while getting her hair blown out. I could go on about how every moment she is on TV is a waste of precious airtime, and how as soon as I hear her voice I run into the living room and switch the TV to the Weather Network, but it wouldn't be polite to mock an addict. I hope she gets help. I don't think she has too many brain cells left, so she should protect the lonely, frightened ones that remain.

OK, I'm done. Back to (sort of) witty posts.

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen http://www.citynews.ca/? Their "reporters" manage to turn even the most mundane piece of news into purple prose.

    Here's an imitation of the "journalism" they...journalize... For example, let's say it was colder this weekend...

    "BETTER NOT PACK THOSE BOXES YET

    Most people expect that the weather would start to be warm this time of year.

    They were to be disappointed.

    The temperature stayed a teeth-chattering five degrees this weeking, heralding an indefinite hiatus to the long-awaited spring.

    [insert giant bulleted list of what to do during spring]

    -30-"

    I dare you, check out ANY of the articles there. I just looked at one about the weather and it was like Juju the Pygmy Bushman was copy editing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you- it is not to be believed how many simple (and by that I mean elementary grade level) grammatical and syntax errors are made by the "journalists" you mention. Not to mention what passes for content with these half-wits...

    ReplyDelete