Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Attack of the Giant Cookie Press


Finally used my massive "ergonomic" Williams-Sonoma Cookie Press.  My old, regular-sized one broke, and when I tried to exchange it, the WS at Yorkdale only had this model.  In the spirit of testing new cooks' tools, I decided to give it a try.

In some ways it's nice that you can fit an entire bowl of dough in at one time, but it makes it more difficult to change the die, and no one wants to make all their cookies the same! Problem is, it's a total bitch to squeeze it!  The whole design is just foreign to me; I was an expert marksman with my old cookie press.

The final batch- only 36 cookies, where I used to get about 80 smaller ones, which was better for packaging and giving away.  Took them all to work, and they were much appreciated.  Cookie press is going to be exchanged for the smaller model, however.



2 comments:

  1. I won't tell you what that thing looks like to me! Anyway, whatever happened to good old fashioned rolling out and cutting with stainless steel cutters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the diet coke next to the cookie press is key, and a very "signature" move. well done.

    ReplyDelete