Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Stained Glass Cookies

OK, I had to make the stained glass cookies last week, because I had made the dough a few days earlier, and it probably wouldn't have kept much longer.  NBC provided me with an appropriate background of Christmas music and the lighting of the tree at Rockefeller Center. Miley Cyrus's version of Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree is an instant classic.  No, not really.  


Although bashing lolly-pops with a rolling pin on the balcony was great, I'm not sure I crushed them small enough.  I haven't made these cookies in 15 years, give me a break!  How the hell did I crush the candies last time?  Can't remember...


Here are the un-Christmassy cutout shapes (the only ones I had that had littler versions).  Filled with crushed red lolly-pops.  



Finished cookies.  The "stained glass" doesn't exactly remind me of Chartres, but I'll try to disguise the mistakes with icing.  There may be a second attempt, stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment