Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Worth" It?

I needed some high heels to go with the black silk dress I'm wearing to the Look Good Feel Better Ball this Saturday.  (Probably the last extravagant thing I'll be doing for a while.  Free for us, but $650 a ticket, normally.)  Of course I wanted the Jimmy Choo's I saw at Holt's, but really, $695 for black pumps?  I wish I were in the financial bracket where that was considered, well, not insane, but alas I am not.  My next dream was for a pair of Cole Haan Carma pumps, but I tried them on a few months ago and I can barely walk in them, beautiful though they are.  They're also $298 in the US, so probably over $350 here.  S2M is all about saving money these days, so I tried on a dozen pairs of pumps before finally scoring at, of all places, Town Shoes.

These Calvin Klein pumps have gel insoles, and the bottoms are cushiony rubber.  They're not just classics, they're actually comfortable!  at $140, still more than I should have spent, but they will be in style forever, so I'll recoup the money, I figure.

In the same vein, this article in the Times is really relevant and pretty funny.  I will continue my efforts to try to save money.  I know most of my attempts will be abject failures, of course, but let's see how I fare.

2 comments:

  1. Your shoe addiction needs help. Trying on "dozens of shoes"? Seriously....a guy needs one pair of dress shoes, one pair of casual shoes and a pair of runners. Live by that model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just proves that I am not a guy! I guess you would plotz if I told you how many pairs of shoes I have, and I'm not even as bad as the average woman!

    ReplyDelete