Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ballin'

I love sugar. I mean, I love sugar.  I have a capacity to consume sweets that is fairly remarkable.  I have eaten icing for dinner.  I have consumed an entire can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk in a day.  Once, on a cottage weekend, I put so much brown sugar on my Shreddies at breakfast that a diabetic guy couldn't stand to eat at the table with me. There's hardly anything I couldn't improve with a bit of maple syrup.  But, eventually, things need to change.
Sugar isn't making me feel all that great anymore.  Not that it ever did, it's just that I feel the effects more now.  Because of that, I have been looking for some alternatives that will still give me the taste and sensation of sugar, but without the crash after.  And I am off to a great start!
These Rice Krispie Almond Balls are amazing!  I take absolutely no credit whatsoever for them, other than finding the web site Oh She Glows, and all the great recipes on it.
My stellar food photography continues...
Five ingredients, no cooking, gluten free, and totally delicious.  In place of sugar, they use brown rice syrup, which is sweet, but apparently causes less of a blood sugar spike than most other sweeteners.  The recipe is here.  Trust me, if I love these, any sugar fanatic will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment