Friday, April 30, 2010

Well, Eff Me!


Went to Holt Renfrew Last Call in Vaughan Mills a while ago, on a hunt for shoes. A specific pair of shoes. Brown suede Manolo Blahniks that I had seen months earlier. They had been marked down drastically, but for some strange reason, I didn't buy them. Didn't think about them again until recently, when I was overcome by a desire for brown suede shoes. I held out hope that they'd still be there on the shelf, which was of course ridiculous.

What the hell is with the height of heels these days? Are women supposed to be able to walk in their shoes? Almost every pair in the store were 4, 5, even 6 inch heels. Some platform, some not. It was like I was in the Rich Hooker section of Holt's. Who wears these? Where does one wear these?

I'm not one for high heels. Well, not anymore. In my 20s, I refused to wear my glasses out at night. Put a nearsighted, klutzy girl in a pair of F*ck Me shoes, stick her in a dark club, and you'll see some spectacular spills. Luckily for me, I did all my falling in the Pre Camera Phone era. I can still pull off the standard 3-inch heel, but even they are not great for work. In the mornings, before I have been suitably caffeinated, I would be in constant danger of tripping and landing on my face.

I rummaged around Holt's for a bit and managed to find a lovely pair of Manolo flats- black, pointy, and quite elegant. Somehow, out of the hundreds of pairs of shoes on the rack, I seemed to have found the most expensive pair. They had started out as $850, and were now $359 ... still too freaking expensive for flats. Well, flats that aren't Chanel. Thank God for Tory Burch and Michael Kors.

I came away shoeless, but managed to find some great skirts for work. Super cheap Tory Burch and Teenflo. Could have thrown a YSL and Valentino onto the pile, but I restrained myself, which is not something I do very often :)

2 comments:

  1. i want those shoes. how do i buy those shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i guess go to the fetish website i got the picture from ;)

    ReplyDelete