Monday, November 2, 2009

Two Tuesdays in November

Tomorrow, Tuesday, November 3, is the first anniversary of a very important event.  My Election party.  (Oh, and the election was sort of important too...).  Those of you who attended may remember what a Ball of Crazy I had been leading up to the first Tuesday of November, 2008.  I was desperate for Barack Obama to win.  For John McCain to lose.  For Sarah Palin to just go away.  It was all I talked about for months.  As you may have heard, Mr. Obama did indeed win the election.  He's got a hell of a lot to do, and I'll talk about that in future posts.

Two more Tuesdays from now is another important date in politics.  Going Rogue, "by" Sarah Palin, hits bookstores.  

For a while now I have been sort of apolitical on this blog and on Facebook.  I have reconnected with some old friends who seem to be quite conservative, and I didn't want to offend them with my lefty political views.  But enough is enough.  I can't stand it anymore.  If Sarah Palin won't go away, neither will I.

About Going Rogue:  First off, Sarah Palin didn't write the book.  Lynn Vincent did.  She's a crackpot in her own right, but we'll address that on another day.  Why am I supposed to care what Sarah Palin thinks about anything??  I gather she's gearing up for a 2012 presidential campaign and she figured hawking a book she "wrote" would be better prep than governing Alaska.  This woman is the most narcissistic politician I have ever seen, and since all politicians are a bit narcissistic, that's really saying something! She responds to all criticism with moral outrage, but will happily sling mud at her opponents.  Her politics are divisive.  She's both anti- and un-intellectual.  And she still wears too much makeup.

Wow, that felt good.  So there you have it- a quick reminder that I am indeed an Elitist Liberal Feminist.  All those terms are positive, by the way, and I'll address that in a future post.  To my Conservative friends and acquaintances:  look at it this way- if you are offended by my politics, I am probably offended by yours.  Doesn't mean we can't be friends.  We Liberals are a tolerant bunch, but we're also profane, so if you don't like it, #@^%&*##!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment